Saturday, January 19, 2008

This is one of 1Kid's final exercises this week before his assessment later this week.
At his assessment, he had also reached the completion phase of the treatment. He will go for one week with only one exercise in the AM and the PM each; the next week every other day; the third week 2 or 3 days; then off for three weeks, then back for the final visit. In other words, he goes back in, in six weeks again, three weeks of wind-down sets, then three weeks of no sets at all.

It was nice to have him watch the video of himself that he can see his head movement and hand positions during the sets (because he often does not believe the coach!).

1Kid, this past week, has been consistently remembering more of what he needs to do from day to day, plan ahead a little more, think ahead, and remember more from a few days ago. Today during his assessment, he actually remembered an exercise he had a question on that I had forgotten about, and is reminding me of things. This is all really unusual for him, and is not mood-related, like sometimes his concentration/focus issues have been. So, yes, I can say that some of those executive functions do seem to be coming in, which I did have my doubts of. I guess good things DO come to those who wait!

2 comments:

Math's Mam said...

I can relate to the "doesn't believe the coach" comment, I get "I'm doing right" screamed at me, so I think I'll get the video camera out to show him.
Thsnks for the vid we have that exercise tomorrow, seeing others doing them certaimly helps.
Can't believe youv'e almost finished, that went quickly, feel a bit sad (for us) and very happy for both of you. Big hugs.

Bugalug said...

I, too, can relate to the "screaming" at the coach! Good idea to get the video camera out again. Can't believe you're winding down!