Tuesday, September 4, 2007

With high school new this year, I signed 1Kid up with an ADHD coach/tutor, which so far is a wonderful addition to his schedule. Last time and this time 1Kid was at the tutor, she had him tell him about some short stories they had read in language arts. I was amazed at not only how much he could recall and all the details, but that he could VERBALIZE and get them out coherently! This has always been a struggle for him, and seeing the leaps he has made from last year, I was sitting in there in shock today. I could almost hear everything, and at first I could not tell if he were reading the story or telling her about it, he was THAT good at the recall and verbalization. I was totally in shock. Up till now, he couldn't' repeat back much that made much sense, even his own experience at something.

No comments: