Friday, May 18, 2007

Urg, sooo, we are in full-blown rebellion.

After the educational evaluation, one parent is in denial still that 1Kid does have have ADHD....
Now, 1Kid (at least at this moment) is loosing even more interest in self-improvement and personal growth and passion for trying to do the exercises well, doesn't want to be coached because he's not always coached and he's doing them wrong and likely tacking more time onto his program because of that.

Gad, I'm taking a crash-course in Love & Logic, and that's making things even worser. For now. It will get better.

Mid-post: 1Kid and I just had a talk about why he was being rebellious these last two days about one of the exercises. This morning he was still mad at me and decided to NOT wear his helmet when he rode his bike to school. To "get back at me." ACK!!!!! Somehow it finally came out this afternoon, the exercise was physically hurting his knee, like popping and needing ice on it. Why did he not tell me this yesterday before doing 2 more rounds of it? He was actually the most sorry I've ever seen him. Humble in fact. (Something I've actually never really seen pre-Dore) It was the most mad he's ever been at me, and I knew it. I reminded him that HUGE misunderstandings and assumptions are made all the time because people simply don't communicate with each other. That, and I still have not mastered mind reading, but I'm still in training.

Just wondering if the intense emotions are 1)something up with puberty, 2)because some of the "fog" is lifting, from Dore, as Miss Ellie would say, and he's "noticing" more of his world, or a combo of both.
I Need chocolate...........................

No comments: